Monday, September 20, 2010

Halo Reach - Thanks for the Halo 3 version update?

HALO: REACH - Campaign

Outside of the gorgeous vistas and the score this campaign was a huge letdown! I WANT MORE SINGLE PLAYER CONTENT! Major releases could care less about the single player campaign anymore. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS MULTIPLAYER and I'm getting tired of it! It's your fault Bungie! You started this nonsense! You and your groundbreaking innovative plan to create the ultimate FPS turned MMO! Your supposed to be a pioneer in this industry! You start the series with a 16-hour thrill ride and end it with a 4 and what looks like a version update of your last game?
So far I've only played through the first two levels on Legendary but why does every enemy have shields and dance like the Locust from Gears of War? Do they really need three times as much ammo to put down than you supply? Why is my AI running against a wall while the enemy AI is dodging every hit like Manny Pacquiao? Why do I get a checkpoint every ten steps yet after I kill 6 Elites I get nothing? Your remedy is to kick up the level of frustration instead of delivering a fair and rewarding method of gameplay that we can all enjoy. Nice!


GRAPHICS ARE OUTDATED- Halo: ODST looked like Halo 3 v2.0 and Halo Reach looks like Halo 3 v2.1. Three years after the release of Halo 3, this game looks horrible and runs worse. Unacceptable!
I hate MOTION BLUR! I know a lot of people probably don't care or might not even notice it but in the realm of High Definition this is a terrible effect to lay on top of any image unless it has something to do with waking up from a dream. For any one person that likes it there are six people that hate it. The other three don't even care. It's a great effect to use under certain circumstances but your WHOLE GAME!? And without allowing us to have the option to turn this effect off? Now it just looks like your trying to disguise your crappy visuals. If I wanted a blurry, washed out image with jagged edges I wouldn't have thrown my SDTV to the curb four years ago. The majority of society has bought into High Definition for the clear, high resolution images that we now know and love and can't live without. Patch it and remove it!


I'M NOT A GUY WHO SKIPS CUT SCENES- I'm looking for a story and from all the hype that has surrounded the Halo series all these years I expect nothing less. But here we are, several Halo games later with apparently a lot of story still to tell and in the end I just.... don't... get it. The story is horrible and the characters are forgettable. THE SCORE IS STELLAR, probably the best score in the series. I get emotional whenever Marty plays the piano but the visuals aren't telling me why? The game tried so hard to pull on my heart strings without allowing me to get to know the characters that I'm supposed to have feelings for. I didn't even understand what I was supposed to feel, which usually, even at the end of a bad movie, is something you can figure out and understand. Seriously! Where is the other half of my campaign guys? Or the other half of my game rather? I swear the ending credits were longer than the campaign itself. When it ended I didn't even realize it ended! Where is that EPIC ending you spent the last 10 years on Bungie? I'm supposed to feel good at the end of all this but right now the only thing I feel good about is having saved $20.00 on your game.

Campaign Score: 6.5

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment